I’m elated to be nominated for the Liebster Award! (though I have no idea what this award does at the moment.) Guess with every blogger, we wish our blog will get noticed and our posts to reach out to as much traffic as possible. I am glad Annikabear of Bears and Diamonds decided to pass on such an honor to me! Do check out her blog ladies! The Liebster Award is a great way of linking up your blog to others. You not only get to share new blogs with your readers, you are also helping other new bloggers to promote their site.
Want good skin? Well, my secret is to constantly ‘nourish’ it. I like to ‘feed’ my skin just like how I give food to myself. I believe HAPPY skin means GOOD skin.
What are some of the benefits of using Honey on our skin?
- Antibacterial – Honey has antibacterial properties and helps to fight pimples and mild acne, especially that caused by hormonal changes. It also reduces infection and inflammation.
- Antiseptic – When honey is diluted with water, it produces hydrogen peroxide. This is an antimicrobial agent (fights against microbes, a micro-organism), helps to relieve abrasion and over-exfoliated skin.
- Good cleanser – Honey is able to soak up the impurities from within your pores and give your skin a good and nice clean feel.
- Effective Moisturizer – Honey forms a barrier on the skin to help retain skin’s natural moisture and keeping it radiant, supple and moist, preventing drying.
- Protect Against Harmful Sun Rays – Honey’s natural antioxidant properties help protect the skin from the damage of sun’s rays, supports the skin’s ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin.
- Prevents wrinkles – Honey is considered a natural ‘preservative’ and it is said to prevent wrinkles, and slows down the aging process.
Natural Honey Green Tea Facial Mask
Here, I used Green Tea powder mixed with honey to achieve a simple yet effective facial mask. Add half a teaspoon of green tea powder into one full teaspoon of honey.
The green tea powder granules act as a peeling scrub for the face. Apply and leave on for 20 mins on clean face, and gently scrub in circular motions.
Green Tea Benefits
- Contains antioxidants which are effective against free radicals. Free radicals are formed when skin is exposed to harmful sun rays, that leads to premature aging.
- Helps safeguard skin against sun damage.
- Aids in cell renewal process of our skin. Aged cells are energized by the polyphenol compounds in green tea, synthesizes the DNA and prevents premature aging.
- Soothes irritated and inflamed skin.
- Helps in acne and pimply skin, as green tea has antibacterial content.
DIY masks are inexpensive yet effective. Though it has not been proven scientifically that applying food topically on your face does anything for your skin, the results I get makes me believe that they do indeed work. I DIY my facial masks once every 2 days, and my skin is kept looking fresh and energized. On days when I religiously do it everyday, I see even better results. Give it a try, but if you have sensitive skin or wants to be sure if your skin reacts adversely to any ingredient, please always start with a patch test on the chin area a day before. This will ensure you do not get any undesired reactions from your DIY facials.
Give it a try today! And let me know your results!
I’m the latest baby on Bloglovin’! Please follow me so you get updates on your Bloglovin’ page.